30 minutes

Minjun Kim
Mr. Hinkle
Class 10
August 24th 2014
30 minutes

One day while I watched a TV program. It was a rerunning program that I had seen in long time ago. As we know, there are several gaps in rerunning program called commercial time. Especially, after the end of the program and before the program start, there is a huge gap. That’s what I hate the most.
Commercial time before the program start annoys me all the time. I usually wake up at 6:30 to get ready for the school bus. The first thing I do when I wake up was turn on TV and having breakfast. At 6:30 there is nothing to watch except advertisement, because of the gap, every morning when it’s time to have breakfast, I watch advertisement for 30 minutes which is the most boring time in my day life.

Movie on TV also has advertisements time before the start and the middle of the movie. They are at least 30 minutes which is enough time for me to change channel and forget about the movie. I’m good with the advertisement before the movie start, but in the middle of the movie is the worst thing about TV. Usually movies are separated to 2 parts, part 1 and part 2. Between them there is a rest time called advertisement. The length of advertisement is same as before begging of a movie about 30 minutes long. As I mentioned above 30 minutes are enough for me to change TV channel and forget to get back on it. I need to go back to movie channel if it’s started or not. I don’t want to do that every single time when the advertisements are running on TV and I can’t easily stop checking it because of the curiousness of next part of movie. When the time goes over 20 minutes my brain starts to come up with all the bad words that I learned and heard.

If there is 30 minutes ad time, there is also 1 minute ad time. It might be short that can’t annoy me but 1 minute is really short that can’t have no chance to change channel for a while until a program starts. Everything I can do at that time is watching commercial. 15 seconds of 4 commercials drive me crazy. Everything gets slow even the time likes a superhero. With a little exaggeration, 1 second changes to 1 minute for me at that time. By those commercials I learned patience, and how people die (insurance commercial). Now I feel commercials are my friends because every day single day I start my day with commercials. Single word that commercials say is a great advice now.

Even though I have resistance for a commercial, helps me as I mentioned in paragraph 4, and start my morning with commercial, I still can’t love it. In my point of view it is a thing that disturbs my entertainment every single time. Therefore, all the commercials that on my TV is the worst commercials. Additionally, not only a advertisement on TV annoys me. Advertisement on youtube is also my worst advertisement because same reason as TV advertise.

word count: 511

2 thoughts on “30 minutes

1. I found parts of this funny (your mental switch to bad words). The prompt does call for you to focus on one commercial that most annoys you, though.

2. I agree on the commercials during the beginning or at the middle of the movie. 20 minutes of commercial makes me lose patient and just turn of the television. I wish there is a skip button like on youtube.